The Arnot Ogden Medical Center Volunteer Department is responsible for recruiting the most qualified volunteers, determining their capabilities and making assignments. We welcome enthusiastic individuals of all backgrounds and abilities who are committed, dependable, and desire to be of service.
- All prospective volunteers must be at least 14 years of age, in good general health, able to communicate well in English (knowledge of a second language is a plus), and willing to follow program policies.
- Prospective volunteers must file an application for service. Completed applications are kept in the volunteer's personal file, which is confidential and stored in a locked file.
- Volunteers must observe all policies and procedures including safety and infection control training and practices, annual employee health screening, and education update, identification, confidentiality, dress code requirements, sign-in procedures and smoking policies.
- Student volunteers (ages 14 to 18) are required to provide 1 personal reference from a school faculty member, as well as meeting other requirements, including completion of a 9-hour orientation program.
- The volunteer program is not meant for the sole purpose of job/career training, nor is it meant to lead to paid employment.
Placement is based on Medical Center needs as well as the prospective volunteer's skills, abilities, scheduling availability, and appropriateness for current openings. The Volunteer Service Department is committed to providing equal opportunity for all volunteer applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, age, marital status or disability. When prospective volunteer skills do not fit into Medical Center needs, or when programs are full, the applicant is notified.
Become a Volunteer
To request an application, call the Volunteer Department: 607-737-4267.