Heart Failure Disease Management
At Arnot Health's Heart and Vascular Institute, the heart failure disease management program is an outpatient program that helps manage a patient's heart failure condition and symptoms. It is assisted by certified nurses who provide direct care and coordinate treatment with a Cardiovascular physician.
Because of its one-on-one contact and consistent assistance with trained professionals, the Heart and Vascular Institute's disease management program provides the following benefits:
- Opportunity to optimize recommended medications for a heart failure patient
- Frequent assessment of a patient's current condition so as to ensure consistent treatment through a uniquely tailored medication plan
- A decrease in the need for hospitalization and emergency department care
- Assistance and support in following lifestyle changes to manage any heart condition
- Advice from heart failure management professionals to improve and maintain a patient's quality of life
For more information about the Heart Failure Disease Management program, or to schedule an appointment, please call the Heart and Vascular Institute at 607-737-4130.