Sleep Disorder Care at Arnot Health
Not getting the sleep you need? You may have sleep apnea or another medical condition that makes it difficult to get a good night’s rest. Arnot Health’s Sleep Disorder testing and treatment helps you and your loved ones sleep peacefully and may identify potentially life-threatening breathing issues.
Sleep Disorder Services
Your primary physician or a specialist will refer you to Arnot Health for testing in our Sleep Disorders Center at Arnot Ogden Medical Center. A diagnostic report will be sent to your referring physician with a diagnosis and recommendations for treatment.
The Sleep Disorders Center at Arnot Ogden Medical Center, accredited by the American Academy for Sleep Medicine, is a modern, state-of-the-art facility that provides comprehensive testing for a wide range of sleep issues.
What Is a Sleep Study?
Our specialists use the latest technology to record brain waves to monitor and assess sleep, wakefulness, and dream sleep. We evaluate snoring, respiratory changes, cardiac changes, and muscle movement to identify any causes of sleep problems and how they might be addressed. We also perform daytime studies to evaluate for narcolepsy and assessment of daytime alertness, required for some professional licensing.
A Sleep Study at Arnot Health
Arnot Health offers sleep studies 7 days a week, in hotel-like settings with luxurious beds in a quiet, stress-free environment. On the day of your sleep study, you will be instructed to:
- Maintain your normal sleeping habits to help the sleep test fit your normal daily routine.
- Bring a list of current medications and dosages, as well as all medications you take during the time you will be at the sleep center.
- Remove artificial fingernails and nail polish from at least one finger.
- Shower and wash your hair the day of the sleep study.
- Bring reading material and a favorite pillow if these help you sleep better.
- Avoid consuming alcohol and excessive caffeine on the day of your test.
- Do not apply lotions, creams, salves, hair gel or hair spray after showering so that electrodes can be attached.
Do I Need a Sleep Study?
When you’re ready for a good night’s sleep, ask your healthcare provider for a referral to Arnot Health. Download this list of sleep disorder symptoms and take it with you to your next primary care appointment.
Physicians and Healthcare Providers
607-737-4499 or 800-952-2662
Arnot Ogden Medical Center
600 Roe Avenue
Elmira, NY 14905