Classes are enrolled once per year in September. Applicants must meet the following requirements to qualify for admission:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or successful completion of the high school equivalency examination.
- Successful completion of the following required courses:
English: 4 units
Mathematics: 2 units including Algebra
Social Studies: 2 units
Chemistry: 1 unit, Non-Regents accepted
Earth or General Science: 1 unit
Biology: 1 unit
Electives: 6 units
- Recommended electives include Physics, Social Science, Mathematics and foreign languages.
- Complete the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) examination. Test registration, payment & test date scheduling can be done at http://www.atitesting.com/. Tests are completed at the School of Nursing for our applicants.
- Applicants must rank in the upper 50% of their graduating class and/or demonstrate strength in mathematics and the sciences.
- Transfer students must meet admission requirements to qualify for acceptance. If you are seeking to transfer into the School of Nursing, you must submit a transcript from each educational institution you have attended since high school along with a letter from the director of each school. To receive transfer credit for a course, your grade must be a "C" or better.