Benefits and Recognition
The goal is to honor volunteers for their service and achievements, and to raise staff awareness of the scope and caliber of services provided thanks to the generosity of our volunteers.
Active Volunteers are eligible for the following benefits:
- Free parking, including preferred parking on a space-available basis.
- Free initial and annual tuberculosis screening.
- Discounted prices in the cafeteria.
- Free hot beverages while on duty.
- Formal and informal recognition, in appreciation of service given.
- Free flu shots annually.
- Access to vacation spot discounts, available through Human Resources.
- Invitations to special events such as the annual Medical Center picnic and Christmas dinner.
- Eligibility to participate in the hospital's suggestion program that offers monetary awards for accepted ideas.
- Access to medical center education and wellness programs at the employee rate.
- Letter of recommendation, upon request.
- The satisfaction of being of service to others!