Goals of Volunteer Services
The goals of each volunteer are to...
- Assist Medical Center staff, releasing them for essential duties that only they can perform.
- Bring a greater personal dimension to the delivery of healthcare.
- Serve as vital ambassadors between the Medical Center and the community.
The goals for the department are to...
- Continually improve communication, training and education for volunteers.
- Continually improve communications with and education for staff regarding the volunteer program.
- Effectively and creatively integrate volunteers into the total human resource system in order to take an active part in meeting the goals of the institution.
- Appropriately utilize each volunteer's background and skills.
- Recognize the efforts and contributions of volunteers and provide them with an opportunity for personal development.
Participation as a volunteer provides opportunities to...
- Acquire new skills and knowledge
- Develop new interests
- Learn to be more compassionate and understanding
- Experience satisfaction in helping others