Visitors to St. Joseph’s Hospital
Visitors are welcome at St. Joseph's Hospital, and considered a vital part of patient care and recovery. It is our pleasure to support our patients in their choice of visitors.
During cold and flu season, for patient safety reasons, if you are sick, please do not visit.
At the direction of the New York State Department of Health, effective Monday, July 6, 2020:
Changes to the COVID-19 visitor restrictions mandated in March by the DOH are outlined below:
Patient visitation at the St. Joseph’s Campus must be scheduled by department, call 607-733-6540
(Visitation is still restricted, by DOH order, to the skilled nursing facility):
- C4-Medical Rehab Unit - Daily 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Behavioral Science Unit (BSU) - Daily from 1:00 - 2:00 pm and 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- Addiction Recovery Unit (ARU) - Sundays at 1:00 pm
While visiting hours and time may vary by facility, the following visitation guidelines are being followed at all Arnot Health locations:
- Visitors will be limited to one person at a time per patient, with exceptions for end of life situations.
- All visitors must be age 18 or older, with exceptions in rare circumstances.
- The total time for all visitors cannot exceed four hours per day, unless otherwise authorized.
- All visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering the facility. Individuals will be denied entry if they report significant COVID-19 exposure or symptoms during the prior 14 days or have a temperature over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Visitors will have their name and contact information (phone number or address) recorded.
- Visitors who do not present with a face mask will be provided one when presenting to the facility. Visitors MUST continue to wear this mask at all times while within the facility. Those who fail to comply will be asked to leave the facility.
- Once in the facility, visitors must remain in the patient’s room throughout the visit except when directed by staff to leave during certain procedures. In these instances, visitors will be directed to a designated waiting area.
- Patients undergoing same-day procedures may be accompanied by a companion, and that companion may remain with the patient through the initial intake process and may rejoin the patient for the discharge process
As outlined in the Arnot Health COVID-19 Hospital Visitation Guidelines issued on April 17, the following groups will continue to be allowed a support person at bedside:
- Patients in Labor and Delivery
- Pediatric patients (including the NICU)
- Patients for whom a support person has been determined to be essential to the care of the patient (medically necessary) including patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and patients with cognitive impairments including dementia.
607-737-4499 or 800-952-2662
St. Joseph’s Hospital
555 St. Joseph’s Boulevard
Elmira, NY 14901