These are uncertain times. Arnot Health is working hard to safeguard the health of our community and offer resources to help you make the best decisions possible for you and your family.
Arnot Health offers a COVID-19 Helpline, staffed by medical professionals, to answer your questions and give guidance about the appropriate level of care for your needs. (If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 911.)
- Call us at 1-800-952-2662, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 7 days a week (you can leave a message after hours).
The COVID-19 Helpline will be closed on November 26 and will reopen on November 27.
- If you prefer, you can email the Covid Helpline by clicking here.
If you need to be tested for COVID-19, Arnot Health offers two locations:
- Elmira COVID-19 drive through location (St. Joseph's Campus, enter drive through off of St. Joseph's Blvd. near Washington St., follow signs) is now open from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday and 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
- Bath COVID-19 drive through location (at Bath Family Medicine practice, 226 West Morris Street, Bath, NY) remains open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In addition, Arnot has opened two respiratory care clinics, if you are experiencing any symptoms.
- 2977 Westinghouse Road, Horseheads open Monday thru Thursday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday, Sat and Sun – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 226 West Morris St, Bath – Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
APPOINTMENTS FOR ALL LOCATIONS MUST BE MADE BY CALLING 1-800-952-2662.
Community members should continue to call their primary care provider’s office for all other routine medical care needs or questions. If you do not have a primary care provider, call Arnot’s Health on Demand phone line at (607) 737-4499 for assistance locating one.
DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS, NO HOSPITAL VISITORS ARE ALLOWED AT THIS TIME*
*Exceptions may be made for parents/guardians of children, patients with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities; patients with cognitive impairments, including dementia; or patients who need a support person to complete their care, as determined by the physician. (Note: if an exception is granted, visitors will be limited to one per patient)
We understand that restricted visitation is difficult for our patients and their families, so Arnot Health will make every effort to connect patients via virtual video visits with family and loved ones who cannot visit in person.
Visitation at Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital SNF/HRF and St. Joseph's SNF is also temporarily suspended due to COVID-19 precautions. Updates will be provided to residents' families and the public when visitation can resume.
With so much information being circulated about Covid-19, the 2019 coronavirus, it is easy to feel overwhelmed and confused. Arnot Health is monitoring the situation closely and working with our partners in the community to keep residents informed. Several local and national authorities have compiled resources to share information and they are available here. If you have concerns about your own health, please contact your primary care provider.
- COVID-19 - Chemung County Health Department
- COVID-19 - New York State Department of Health
- Information on Coronavirus - CDC