COVID-19 Visitation Restrictions
Based on an analysis of the current COVID-19 situation, Arnot Health has limited visitation for COVID-19 positive patients in its hospitals. These guidelines apply to Arnot's hospitals only and not to our nursing homes. For nursing home visitation information, click here.
Arnot Health is following NYS Department of Health (DOH) guidelines for visitation. Visitation for COVID-19 positive patients will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition:
- Visitors must be 18 or older.
- A waiver must be signed prior to visiting (available at the hospital information desk).
- Med/Surg and ICU: one visitor between the hours of 8 am to 12 pm and 4 pm to 8 pm (visitor DOES NOT have to be the same each day).
- Labor and Delivery and Maternity: one care partner is permitted (must be the same person throughout the stay). That person must remain in the patient's room throughout the entire stay.
- Prior to initial visit, visitors must be instructed that education by nursing staff is required prior to entering room.
- Visits should allow enough time for screening, education, and training of visitors.
- Facilities should provide education on appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE – N95, eye protection, gown, gloves) use, hand hygiene, limiting surfaces touched, social distancing, and movement within the facility.
- Training on PPE use should be conducted by a trained healthcare worker and include observations of the visitor to ensure correct donning and doffing of PPE and appropriate hand hygiene. Appropriate disposal of PPE should be ensured by facility staff.
- Facilities should make sure that visitors understand the potential risks associated with providing care to patients with COVID-19, especially for visitors at high risk for serious illness from COVID-19 and those who are primary caregivers and have extended contact with patients (e.g., parents or guardians of children).
- Visitors should not be present during aerosol-generating procedures or during collection of respiratory specimens.