Arnot Health Volunteers
Arnot Health volunteers are a vital part of the Arnot Ogden Medical Center hospital team. We believe this partnership with our community members is an integral ingredient in providing quality service. Whether you're interested in patient contact, office work, special projects, a sit-down job or lots of walking, a fixed or flexible schedule, placements are often available.
Become a Volunteer
Becoming a volunteer is easy. We welcome enthusiastic individuals of all backgrounds and abilities. All you need is the spirit of caring and the energy to contribute. If this sounds like you, give us a call at 607-737-4267.
Learn more about Volunteer Requirements.
What Do Volunteers Do?
More than 500 active volunteers contribute over 80,000 hours annually. They work with over 50 departments in a variety of jobs. We do our best to make effective use of each person's talents, skills and interests. Activities include:
- Staffing reception areas and waiting rooms
- Transporting and escorting patients
- Visiting and advocating for patients
- Working with geriatric patients
- Supporting terminally ill patients and their families
- Staffing a delivery service
- Assembling chart packets
- Helping with clerical or secretarial projects
- Taking baby photos
- Assisting patients with menus
- Working in the gift shop and thrift shop
- Teaching, writing and editing, data entry
- Knitting and sewing
Each year, hundreds of volunteers find fulfillment, practical work experience, and companionship at Arnot Ogden Medical Center.
- Students learn about commitment and responsibility while gaining experience and accruing volunteer hours toward course requirements.
- Adults share their compassion, skills, and expertise. They volunteer for personal growth, job advancement, career change or social commitment.
- Retirees gain personal satisfaction and reward by offering their time and experience.
Recognition and Benefits
The greatest reward our volunteers enjoy is the satisfaction of being of service to others. Recognition for volunteers includes: clippings and awards posted, a Volunteer of the Month program, holiday treats and gifts, birthday cards, medical center celebrations and benefits, and an annual Awards Dinner and Volunteer Week activities. Active Volunteers are eligible for the following benefits:
- Free parking, including preferred parking on a space-available basis
- Free initial and annual tuberculosis screening
- Discounted prices in the cafeteria
- Free annual flu shots
- Access to vacation spot discounts, available through Human Resources
- Eligibility to participate in the hospital's suggestion program that offers monetary awards for accepted ideas
- Access to medical center education and wellness programs at the employee rate
- A letter of recommendation, upon request
Our mission is to provide a volunteer staff that offers an extra dimension of care and services to patients, families and visitors, and supportive services for staff. We strive to be responsive to the community we serve:
- to maintain high standards of performance by staff and volunteers
- to promote guest relations in all of our services
- to insure appropriate utilization and placement of volunteers
- to provide and promote ongoing recognition for volunteers
- to anticipate needs and trends in order to plan for future growth
The Auxiliary and Volunteer Department work together as a single, cohesive unit. They provide services to Arnot Health patients, staff and visitors, and financial support to maintain advanced medical technology and services, and they are a voice for the medical center in the community.
Become a Volunteer
To request an application, call the Volunteer Department: 607-737-4267.