The Davenport & Taylor Auxiliary organizes events and sales to raise money to benefit the Fred & Harriett Health Center and the Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital. These fundraising efforts help the hospital and long-term care facility maintain advanced medical technology and services.
Originally formed as the Women's Auxiliary, Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is now open to anyone who wishes to be of service. Our goals are:
- to promote and advance the welfare of Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital
- to increase community awareness of the Hospital's programs and services
- to serve the Hospital and its patients
- to take an active role in advocacy efforts to maintain high quality and fairness in medical care
- to raise money for the benefit of Hospital patients and staff
Auxiliary members may volunteer to assist with the following tasks:
- Call members for fundraisers and social events.
- Make calls to local legislators in the role of advocacy for the hospital.
- Help with fundraisers by donating goods, purchasing tickets and participating.
- Volunteer at events such as: book sales, holiday sales, plant sales, basket raffles, etc.
- Help organize the Auxiliary as a board member.
Auxiliary Membership Options
ACTIVE: Members are involved in many of the activities of the auxiliary. They may serve on committees, make crafts or baked goods, and work at fundraising events.
INACTIVE: Members may participate in activities, but are not called upon unless they wish to be included.
To join the Auxiliary, call Diane Tyner, Manager of Volunteers, 607-776-8566