Bone Care at Arnot Health
Arnot Health offers comprehensive diagnosis, treatment, and management of osteoporosis. Education, risk assessment, counseling, and physical therapy all play important roles.
Osteoporosis, the bone-weakening disease that causes bones to break easily, affects women and men of all ages. As many as one in two women and one in eight men will suffer a fracture due to osteoporosis. Approximately four in five women will develop osteoporosis over their lifetime. The consequences of osteoporosis include pain, disability, deformity, and lost independence. These people will have the best chance of recovery if their osteoporosis is found in its earliest stages.
- Bone densitometry is an x-ray exam that measures bone density to determine the presence of osteoporosis and other causes of bone thinning. A typical exam consists of two scans, one at the lower spine and one at the hip. Additional scans may be done depending on the patient's medical history.
- Full radiologic and nuclear medicine imaging services and consultation.
- Education and risk assessment concerning bone health, osteoporosis, and other metabolic bone diseases
- Counseling services concerning medications, exercise, and fall prevention
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical therapy and supervised exercise to lessen musculoskeletal pain, and restore and maintain mobility
607-737-4499 or 800-952-2662
Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital
7571 State Road 54
Bath, NY 14810
AOMC - Corning Denison Parkway
123 Conhocton Street
Corning, NY 14830
Health Center for Women
600 Fitch Street
Elmira, NY 14905