Travel Medicine and Immunizations
Whether you go abroad for business, study, or pleasure, planning for your health is as important as your itinerary. Many countries outside the US require vaccinations and preventative medications for travelers.
The Arnot Health Travel Medicine Clinic specializes in immunizations, screenings, prescriptions and counseling to patients traveling abroad. We review your destination, length of stay, type of travel, accommodations and previous vaccination and health history to provide location-specific information on travel risks and vaccination requirements.
Preparing to Travel Abroad
We recommend that you schedule your consultation as soon as you know your travel plans. Some vaccinations may be required a month or two before you travel. Vaccinations available include:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese encephalitis vaccination
- Malaria prevention advice and medication
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Td/Tdap)
- Tuberculosis screening
- Yellow fever vaccination with International Certificate of vaccination