When you or someone you love needs hospital care, you have enough to worry about without the added concern of how to pay for it. If paying your medical bills is a financial hardship, financial assistance may be available to you. The Arnot Health credit services department helps you find programs and apply for them. We want to relieve the burden of unpaid bills on our patients and continue to provide top quality healthcare to our community. .
Where to Start
At the any of the hospitals, contact the registration desk, they will refer you to the credit services department or to a patient representative. Or call the hospitals' business office directly 607-271-2050.
Most Arnot Health patients who receive financial assistance are supported by either Medicaid or Community Care. Our credit specialists will help you determine which program is best for you and how to apply.
- Medicaid is a federal program that provides for medical and health-related services for low-income families and individuals.
- The Marianna Arnot-Ogden Community Care Program assists uninsured and underinsured members of our community who are willing, but unable to pay in full for their care.
- Other programs may be available for certain conditions and circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
Community Care applications may be submitted within 6 months of a hospital service. Use the following process for services received at any of our three hospitals. For help with your application, call 607-737-7777.
- Download the Community Care Application
- Mail the application to our central office:
Arnot Ogden Medical Center
600 Roe Avenue
Elmira, New York, 14905
Office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- A determination will be made within 30 days.
New York State of Health Marketplace
Chemung County Health Department - Free Services
Community Health Advocates
American Cancer Society Financial Assistance
Crime Victims Financial Assistance