You can tell your doctor where you would like to receive your care and to make the right choice, you should become as educated as possible.
Try to gather information from many sources, including:
- Hospital information lines or call centers (Health on Demand can be reached at 607-737-4499.)
- Your health benefits officer at work or fellow employees. Friends and family.
- National accreditation agencies.
- Quality reports and accreditations.
- When using the following quality indicators to the left, we recommend you combine your personal knowledge and comfort level with information from more than one quality indicator.
Arnot Health (Arnot Ogden Medical Center, Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital and Medical Offices) are accredited by The Joint Commission.
The Joint Commission – formerly known as the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, or JCAHO—is a private, non-profit group that acts as a national accrediting organization for a number of hospitals in the country. The Joint Commission reviews all quality of care complaints it receives but please note that it does not investigate issues associated with hospital bills or other financial issues.
Any patients that have concerns about their care and/or safety are encouraged to contact Health on Demand at 607-737-4499.
Submitting a complaint to The Joint Commission:
- E-mail: . Your e-mail should include the name and address of the hospital, and a thorough explanation of your complaint.
- Website: http://www.jointcommission.org/. Scroll down to “Filing a Complaint.”
Telephone: (800) 994-6610 where you can speak to a Joint Commission representative. However, no complaints are taken over the telephone.