Patients Guide to St. Joseph's Hospital
At St. Joseph's Hospital, we provide quality healthcare with a deep respect for the dignity of each person, and strive to heal, as Jesus did, in mind, body, and spirit, all who come to us. We hope to make your visit as easy as possible and provide peace of mind before, during, and after your visit.
Before You Arrive
Pre-registering is not required but may save time for tests and scheduled procedures.
- Call 607-737-4535
Review our Patient information:
- Visitation Guidelines
- Advance Directives
- Patient Safety
- Patient Rights
- Bills & Insurance
- Self-Pay Collection Policy & Procedure
- Financial Assistance
Pack light! Please leave valuables at home. You may bring the following:
- A complete list of current medications (prescription, non-prescription, and herbal or other remedies). Include the drug or treatment name, strength, and the number is taken per day.
- Insurance information, identification, and any medical documents.
- Nightgown, pajamas, robe, comfortable clothing, slippers, and shoes.
- Toiletries such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, razor, and others.
- No more than $10 cash.
- Ask your nurse or doctor if you have questions about any other items.
While You Are Here
Please note that the use of tobacco is not permitted on hospital property, and cell phone use may be restricted to certain areas of the hospital for safety reasons. Thank you for helping us maintain a safe, healthy environment.
Support services include nutritional counseling, spiritual counseling, social services, and more.
You'll have a selection of foods to choose from, based on your doctor's orders. Meal schedule:
Breakfast 7:30 - 8:20 a.m.
Lunch 11:25 a.m. - 12:25 p.m.
Dinner 4:25 - 5:20 p.m.
Condition H (Help)
While a patient in an Arnot Health hospital, if you or your family member
- Feels you or your family member is not receiving adequate medical attention or
- Are Concerned about what is happening regarding care
Call the Condition H phone line and you will be provided immediate assistance either through intervention in care to ensure safety or improved communication regarding the plan of care.
Call 1-607-735-5900 from any mobile phone to alert the Condition H team.
Dial 9-735-5900 from any hospital phone.
Give the operator your name, location, and concern.
After Your Visit
After your visit, be sure to follow-up with your primary care provider.
Pay Your Arnot Medical Services Bill
Online bill pay available in 2014.
Health on Demand: 607-737-4499
After discharge, a Health on Demand nurse will phone you to ask about your visit and you may receive a satisfaction survey in the mail from Press Ganey. Your response is very important to us. Your ideas help us improve our care and services.
Arnot Health Patients
St. Joseph's Hospital is part of Arnot Health, a regional integrated healthcare delivery system. To learn more about patient rights, responsibilities, financial matters, and preparing for your stay, we encourage you to review our Patient Information.